20 May, 2013

Nails of the Week: Triangle nails with Essie Merino Cool & Orly Rage

 photo cc613ab5-afed-43f1-b802-9934523cbceb_zps349a4bcd.jpg

At the moment I have this itty bitty obsession with geometric prints. Whether it be clothes, accessories, jewellery...anything.

I saw this nail design everywhere online so I gave it a go.  It turned out awesome, totally loved it!  Way better than it looks in the photo.  I looked like a weirdo constantly staring at my nails at uni haha.

I applied 2 coats of Essie Merino Cool as a base colour.  The formula of this polish is amazing, so easy to apply and not streaky at all.  Then I used Orly Rage for the triangle.

I used this tutorial by leighannsays as a guide.  I definitely recommend using scotch tape like she suggests because regular tape is just too strong and rips off all your good work (Tip: If the tape does rip off a bit of the base polish, top coat will smooth it out).  I also thought removing the tape in the opposite direction to what she did helped because it gave me a cleaner point.

Hope you enjoyed this nail look.

 photo bddcad9c-e019-439f-a74b-41fdb8eae685_zpsf58be68c.jpg

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...