30 October, 2009

Request - Contour that face!

Photobucket

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a while, I've been super busy with work and exams are next week arghhhhh!

Anyway, so i thought I'd squeeze in this post before i disappear over the next couple of weeks for exams. Well, my beautiful friend Triana asked me a while ago for a little guidance with contouring so voila! lol (sorry I took so long to do this post).

It was so hard to get the contouring to show in photos and taking photos of the steps was difficult too...I probably should have tried making a video...maybe next time =) Anyway so here's how I like to contour my face.

So first put on your foundation as per usual. Then you need a contouring product. There are some products specifically for contouring out there but you can also use bronzers, blushes or foundation. I use Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse - Tan. This shade is much much much darker than my skin tone. Just for you guys to get an idea, the Maybelline Matte Mousse shade that matches my skin tone is Sandy Beige.
Photobucket
With the mousse, draw a line from near the top of your ear to almost the corner of your mouth. This is where you want your face to look more hollow and angular.
Photobucket

Then blend it in with your fingers so there are no harsh lines. Try to blend down below the line more than above because you want your cheek bone above the line to be more highlighted and brighter. Add a bit of powder to set it and you are all done!

Before:
Photobucket

After:
Photobucket

Sometimes I use my Max Factor - Natural Brush-On Satin Blush in Subtle Amber to contour. It's a pinky brown colour. Any blush that has more brown or grey undertones is fine. I hold the bristles of my blush brush together so it's flat and squashed together so I have more precision. I apply it around the same place I would draw the line with the foundation and then blend it out.
Photobucket

Well that's how I contour. Hope you guys enjoyed and hope that was helpful Triana!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. i know! it is so hard not to shop...lol but you gave me a great idea = ] when i debut it, i'll totally mention you, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I have had trouble fully understanding the concept of contouring much less learning how to do it. This blog of yours though explained it quite nicely, quickly, and simple!

    So glad I followed your fab blog and hope to see more from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey no problem at all! I can't wait to try out this technique on myself sometime. I really liked this tutorial. Hope to see more like this and learn more about ya and so I followed.

    Oh and sorry I'm just now responding back. I was away from the internet for a bit

    have a good day :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! just wanna let you know that i've nominated your blog for an award! check out my blog for details <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Pauline, since one of the few bloggers I really like to check out. Just wanted you to know that I nominated your blog for the "One Lovely Blog Award". Please check out my entry to read more about it and how to nominate others.

    Thanks for making such great blog posts :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...