26 October, 2010

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in Passion Fruit - Review & Swatches

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Passion Fruit

I got this gloss (full size!) as a gift with the purchase of Marie Claire magazine. This was only available in Australia and it was quite a while ago so this issue won't be available anymore =( At the time these glosses were only just released so the gift was obviously to promote the product and get people to try it.

On with the review...Estee Lauder's Pure Color Gloss in Passion Fruit has a shimmer finish (this collection comes in 3 different finishes: shine, shimmer and sparkle).

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Passion Fruit

I adore the colour of this gloss, it's a vibrant red-y pink shade with pink and gold shimmer. It has a sheer-medium coverage, so the colour does show up while allowing your natural lip colour to show through. I would definitely prefer if it was more pigmented. If you have very pigmented lips, this would probably be a bit too sheer for you.

Bare lips:
Photobucket

With gloss:
Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss Passion Fruit swatch

Overall, I really really enjoy this gloss, it adds a nice bit of colour to your bare lips. I like using it on top of bright pink lipsticks such as NYX Round Lipstick in Rose. I think that this gloss is very fitting now that it is Spring.
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic free gift! I adore the Estee Lauder glosses and I think the pink shades are second to none.. they're a bit pricey (about £14 each here in the UK) but definitely worth splashing out on! :)

    http://mytopbeautybuys.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. @All Made Up: When I saw a woman on the train with the Marie Claire magazine with this baby stuck to it I knew I had to get it lol

    I agree, they are very pricey. They are $42 here. Makeup in Australia is very expensive.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...