29 January, 2012

Post-Christmas Splurge: Essie Polishes

Photobucket

This post is going to be the first of a mini series covering all the things I picked up in the post Christmas sales. I tend to go a little nutty at this time of year, taking on the crowds and diving into sale racks.

Anyway, I went to Myer in Highpoint the day after Boxing Day. I had no intention at all to look in the beauty section, but I happened to walk past a sale table and saw a pile of Essie nail polishes and I seriously flipped out. They were around half price! I'd never seen these on sale before so I started grabbing just about every bottle they had on the table. A sales assistant saw me and just started giggling because I looked so ridiculous trying to balance all of them in my arms. At that point, my brain got over the excitment and I cut down on what I had lol. So here's what made it home with me:

Photobucket
Escapades and Van D'go

Photobucket
The Resort Collection 2011 (mini set) - Fair Game, Your Hut or Mine, Lion Around and Da Bush

Photobucket
Fall Collection 2010 (mini set) - Limited Addiction, Sew Psyched, Merino Cool and Little Brown Dress

This is my first time trying out Essie polishes. I've worn a few of them now and I am very impressed. The mini sets were also amazing value. I am often more conservative with nail polish colours, so these were great for me as they gave me the opportunity to try many different colours and finishes.

I will gradually post photos and detailed reviews about each of these nail polishes. If you haven't seen it yet, I already have a post up about Da Bush.

Hope you are all enjoying your weekend and for those who are watching or attending the Australian Open, hope you are enjoying the tennis! Men's final tomorrow night!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...